So you'd rather have a mailing list?

If you would like to keep up with the discussion here but prefer to use a mailing list, there is a solution!

1. Go to your user preferences by clicking on your user icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
  2. Click on the gear icon to select your user preferences.
  3. Half way down the page are email preferences. Select the Mailing list mode checkbox.
  4. Save your preferences with the button at the bottom of the page.

Congratulations! You’ll now start receiving email from the forum as if were a mailing list, as well as be able to reply and start new topics from your email client.

Note: It can take up to five minutes for an email post to show up.

5 Likes

Thanks for these instructions, @carmiac. I know that I prefer to get email notifications as reminders that there has been activity here on the Forum, and have it set as you suggested!

I just learned that if you do request notifications in this way that only appears to be for current Categories. If a new one is created, such as the new one for the Book Group, then that one does not appear to be included. I found this out when I went to the main list of Categories and saw some that were still listed as unread.

Just thought to share this!

1 Like

Hi it’s 2021 and I’ve decided to try the mailing list option. I don’t see a mailing check Box. Can someone check and see if the instructions are still current? Sometimes things change when software gets upgraded. Thanks so much.

I’ve just checked and it’s still there. You should be able to find it from User Icon->Person Icon tab->Preferences->Emails