Meditation Workshop - May 27th 8:30PM EST

Hi everyone, here’s our next AODA-sponsored workshop!

The Science and Practice of Meditation, Navigating the Moon Path Workshop with Kathleen Opon

The AODA Moon Path consists of two major components, The Sphere of Protection, (explored in Dana’s workshop on April 22) and developing and maintaining a meditation practice. In this workshop Kathleen will share some of the science and benefits of meditation. ­­The many varieties and techniques of meditation will be discussed, including Progressive Relaxation; Mindfulness Meditation; Color Breathing; Guided Visualization; and Discursive Meditation. Participants will be guided through a meditation experience and will then have the opportunity to interact and discuss the experience with others. The workshop will conclude with a question and answer period. Come prepared to sit quietly in a comfortable position as we experience the magic of meditation. Please make sure your space is as quiet and peaceful as possible to enable you to immerse yourself into the work.

About Kathleen: Kathleen currently serves as Preceptor of the Gnostic Celtic Church, where she is an ordained priestess, as well as being the Archdruid of Fire in the Grand Grove of the Ancient Order of Druids in America. She is an instructor of the Dolmen Arch course and also a certified Interspiritual/Interreligious Spiritual Guide. Kathleen has been a member of AODA since spring of 2015 and has had a regular meditation practice for over 20 years.

Topic: Meditation Workshop
Time: May 27, 2020 08:30 PM America/Detroit

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 451 260 8842
One tap mobile
+19294362866,4512608842# US (New York)
+13017158592,4512608842# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 451 260 8842
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kephVDr5JB

10 Likes

Hello all! Our workshop is tonight. Hope to see you all there!

3 Likes

I forgot the last workshop, and I cannot be at tonight’s. Looking forward to reading the notes!

2 Likes

Sorry you can’t be there tonight. I will be opening up a continuation thread tomorrow for people to continue to discuss the workshop and meditation in general - so look for that!

3 Likes

I am a new member, preparing for my solo initiation ceremony. I will try to install Zoom and join this workshop. I’m excited to begin connection with other AODA members.

Woody Sutherland
San Diego

3 Likes

I just wanted to say, @Kathleen, I think you did a great job, and you weren’t talking too fast. You may have been nervous but it really didn’t show. Thanks!

5 Likes

I look forward to the continuation thread as I missed the workshop. I don’t suppose there is a recording?

3 Likes

Sorry, no recording, but I can try to add here anything people need. Give me a couple days :wink:

1 Like

Thank you! It helps to have a supportive audience :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I want to thank you, Kathleen, for the very fine workshop you presented on meditation techniques last night. You took us through the session in a calm manner and created a lovely environment, not always easy to carry out in a virtual setting. Thanks so much.

3 Likes

Thank you Jade. It was a wonderful experience for me too.

1 Like

Here is the link to the Continuation thread for this workshop:

4 Likes

Thank you, and of course! Meditation has eluded me unless I am moving, for example while playing taijiquan. The little that I have read about discursive meditation is intriguing, and I’m sorry to have missed your workshop and the opportunity to learn more about it. I look forward to your continuation thread.

2 Likes