Resources and Divinations for Hanford Nuclear Site

@cschosser , your thoughts on the land healing, including the mycelial network, make so much sense. I will do a further reading on the 23rd, but agree with the direction you suggest.

2 Likes

@Breanna , first of all, this deck is powerful. And your reading(s) really help me to focus this work.

How can healing come to a land polluted with materials capable of remaining dangerous for such a long time?

That is a question I have as I read posts by Dana, Claire and you.

2 Likes

Traveling with limited data on my phone has posed a challenge for staying connected with all of you. There is so much to meditate in in the posts I’m reading for the first time this morning. And I won’t be able to continue my own readings until Monday.

Yes, to not rushing in with this work or imposing large amounts of energy to a site already blasted with artificially created amounts of energy.

Yes to ‘do what you will’ and it cause no harm.

Yes to memorializing and returning yearly to this place.

In more reading I’ve learned that some plants show increased growth at irradiated sites–but fail to thrive be- cause the soil bacteria they need, or the pollinating animals they need for propagation, have been destroyed. So plants can show a burst of growth followed by decline. The balance in the ecosystem in these sites has been gravely injured…

All healing will take much, much time.

2 Likes

I am reviewing the resources I found in preparation for my ritual today and I thought this one was worth sharing:

3 Likes

@Breanna, I don’t know how this site strikes/will strike others, but I was really glad to see the information provided at columbiariverkeeper.org. Somehow, the way the site describes what is happening provides at least glimmers of positivity around this troubled area. Thank you for posting this.

2 Likes

I liked the videos they had on the ecology of the area.

2 Likes

Me too. The plants are beautiful.

2 Likes