Workshops and Calls for July - September, 2020

Hello everyone!
We will be doing the following calls for the next few months through AODA.

July 1st - 8:30 - 10pm EST - AODA Apprentice Call on the Mabinogion. This call is specifically for anyone who is an AODA Apprentice, Companion, or Adept and will be lead by Claire Schosser, Archdruid of Water. We’ll be talking in-depth about the Mabinogion.

July 22 -8:30 - 10pm EST AODA Candidate Call with Dana O’Driscoll, Grand Archdruid. This call is for AODA Candidates (although any AODA member is also welcome to join). In this call, we will be doing an Open Q&A on AODA’s practices in the Sun Path, Moon Path, Earth Path, and Bardic, Ovate, and Druid paths. Anyone who is actively working on AODA practices or wants to start them is welcome to join this call.

August 4th -8:30 - 10pm EST - AODA Community Call - Bardic Arts as a Spiritual Practice. This is open to any AODA member or friend of the order. We’ll be talking about how to cultivate a spiritual practice through the bardic arts, including cultivating the Awen in our lives, finding inspiration from nature, and much more. We’ll hear from several AODA members who regularly cultivate Awen and also do a short Awen ritual at the end of the call.

September 16th -8:30 - 10pm EST - Ritual Writing using AODA Frameworks. This is open to any AODA member or friend of the order. We’ll be talking about the different aspects of ritual writing for individuals and small groups. The first half of the call will talk through aspects of writing ritual and considerations, and the second half of the call will involve a short ritual writing exercise to help practice and collaborate on ritual writing skills.

All calls can be accessed through the AODA’s Zoom:

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 451 260 8842
One tap mobile
+19294362866,4512608842# US (New York)
+13017158592,4512608842# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 451 260 8842
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kephVDr5JB

16 Likes

Ok, maybe I gotta…no, no, GET TO :mage:‍♂learn how to use zoom. This could be fun!

4 Likes

@DanaD is there any chance the calls were recorded and available for listening?

2 Likes

I have no idea how to use zoom. Do I dial the number that corresponds to my time zone?

The best way is to click on the link “Join our Cloud HD video meeting” and go through the Zoom website. If you don’t have that app yet, you’ll need to download it, but it will prompt you to do that. It’s free, no account needed. The phone numbers are for people who can’t use video through their phones.

2 Likes

Well shucks. I missed the July calls, but I’ve got the August 4th one written on my calendar now! Looking forward to it.

No, we don’t record them for privacy’s sake, but I have been writing up notes from them (I have to write up the notes from our call this weekend!) :).

1 Like

You can choose how you join–you can click the link or you can call in. It is quite simple :).

1 Like

Looking forward to tonight’s call! It will be great info for me as I start my bardic exploration.

2 Likes

Bumping this up to remind people of our September 16th Call! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wonderful workshop Dana. I really enjoyed it! Thanks!

2 Likes

I was pretty low on energy going in to the workshop, but came out feeling revitalized and ready to work. Thank you all for the lovely ideas for ceremony and ritual.

1 Like

Shucks! I can’t believe I missed the call! I really need to learn to set reminders for these things.

2 Likes

Errrggg… I dropped in on the workshop for a few minutes, but I was just too pooped to pop, so I didn’t stay. (Hectic week.) Is there any write-up or notes from the workshop?

2 Likes