Okefenokee Swamp

Please pray for the Okefenokee Swamp as the state is considering to open mining for titanium near the swamp.

Here is a link to a news article where you can write in to express your opinion.

6 Likes

My parents took us to the Okefenokee Swamp Park when we were little. I have pictures somewhere of the trip even if I don’t remember it. My parents referenced the trip many times because my father got us lost on the way home. We ended up in Ohio … seriously, how bad of a navigator was my father?! He could get you out of the middle of a forest, but couldn’t drive a car and get to the right destination to save his life lol

Anyway, this is sad and I’ll pass this along. Sorry, but I cannot get the page up that allows comments. It just shows up as a blank untitled page. It doesn’t even have the white background of a page, just the color of my browser. I will see if I can find a link some other way.

I finally found a link that you could send a message in. It’s a prefilled form and you just add your details to it. Take Action to Protect the Okefenokee - Georgia River Network

Another link to email the governor direct - Home - PROTECT GEORGIA

Hit them from every angle - Stop the Mining Threat to the Okefenokee Swamp

You can even get in on the comment meeting - Webinar Registration - Zoom

If you need talking points for sending the one message that you actually have to write yourself, here’s the page that discusses all the reasons to protect the area - https://protectokefenokee.org/resources/

6 Likes