A Vision for AODA: Seven Core Principles

Hi everyone,

If you received our newsletter, you likely saw our new “A Vision for AODA: Seven Core Principles” information. If you haven’t, I want to encourage you to visit this page and check it out: http://aoda.org/vision/. I’ll also attach the graphic here :). I do encourage you to read through the document though, as it offers a lot more specifics.

We developed this vision over the last six months, examining not only what our strengths are as an order in terms of our practices, curriculum, and so forth, but also some of the newer directions our members have been moving in. We used our 7 element framework, which foregrounds the work we do in the Order through the SOP and our ritual practices, to express this vision. We see this as a great answer to the questions: What is AODA all about? How is AODA different than OBOD/ADF/RDNA/etc? What does AODA do and value?

We’d also welcome your thoughts and discussion on this vision. Blessings!

33 Likes

I absolutely love this graphic. I think the vision document is wonderful… it describes exactly why AODA is where I belong.

Thank you!!!

6 Likes

This is so beautiful, @DanaD! I wish I had a colour printer…

4 Likes

Some folks have asked about having it available as a poster–I am going to look into some options for that :).

16 Likes

Can I share it on my social media? :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Absolutely. Share it anywhere you like. Its already shared with the AODA Facebook group!

4 Likes

Thank you Dana :slightly_smiling_face: Have a good evening.

1 Like

I think it’s a beautiful graphic, and I agree that they are the things that really define AODA druidry. I also enjoy the way that it links to the elements themselves.

5 Likes

Thanks @RocasCearcall - I do think these are the areas where our practices shine :).

2 Likes

Should all members get the newsletter? I looked through my email and didn’t receive it. Who should I contact about that?

2 Likes

I’ve not received one, either

1 Like

Anyone that has not received the newsletter PM me with their email address and you will be added to the list and get a copy.

4 Likes

Congratulations to the @GrandGrove for the Vision! :clap: It’s a beautiful and concise image of what makes AODA a core part of my spiritual life.

6 Likes

This is beautiful - thanks for creating :slight_smile:

Thank you for this. Very inspiring.

3 Likes

The graphic is beautiful, and the principles portray AODA quite well. I appreciate your talent and the time it must have taken the Grand Grove to develop such a meaningful work. I missed this post in March for some reason. Glad I found it this morning.
Brenda

4 Likes

I don’t believe I got one either. I love the art and agree with the core principles! Any way I could get the PDF?

Hi Phillip, please PM @timothy.wolf and he will make sure you are on the newsletter list. You can also check your spam email around the time of the solstices and the equinoxes, as we send one out each quarter. Blessings!

1 Like