AODA Community Call- Next Call April 2, 8:30pm - 10:00 - Wildcrafting Druidries

Hi everyone!

Our next AODA Community call - on the theme of Localized and Wildcrafted Druidries - will be on Thursday, April 2 from 8:30 - 10:00pm. Please join the AODA community as we talk about how to localize our druidries within our ecosystems and this “wildcrafted” druidic practice.

I will be moderating and will be joined by several of our members who will share their experiences to kick off our call. For those that have joined via phone in the past, I know some of you have had a hard time jumping into our earlier calls. I’ll be trying something new during this call to make sure you get a fair chance to share :).

Here are the details of the call. Hope to see many of you there!

Ancient Order of Druids in America AODA is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Community Call - Wildcrafting Druidries
Time: Mar 25, 2020 08:30 PM America/Detroit

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 451 260 8842

One tap mobile
+13126266799,4512608842# US (Chicago)
+19294362866,4512608842# US (New York)

Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
Meeting ID: 451 260 8842
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/a5ueeECC4

9 Likes

Sorry all, I had Wednesday but its THURSDAY April 2 :). Thanks!

5 Likes

Hi all! I’m bumping this up–our community call is tonight at 8:30pm! Hope to see many of you there.

3 Likes

I just went to change the time on my calendar and I already had it there at 20:30, even though in my mind it was an hour earlier!

1 Like

I missed it this week, but I’ll be keeping my eyes open for whatever comes next! What a thoughtful and relevant topic, especially while we should all stay closer to home.

2 Likes

When Clarissa’s “Tea and Cookies with Druids” meetings went from Google Hangouts to Zoom, I did not follow. I’m running the Linux Ubuntu OS, and one security rule for these computers is to not use software that has not been vetted and made available through a secure Linux repository. I made my concerns known to the folks at Zoom, and was told, in a rather unconcerned way, that the engineers were working on that and maybe in the next release that would be addressed.

Now we’re finding out that the Zoom platform is full of security issues. I’m not so concerned about what’s said in the meetings as about what seems to be Zoom’s ability to bypass password protections once let in the door.

If there is another platform option, I would possibly use it. I’d love to join in the discussions.

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/boston/news/press-releases/fbi-warns-of-teleconferencing-and-online-classroom-hijacking-during-covid-19-pandemic

Dan

2 Likes

I appreciate your concern

1 Like

Hi Scomber, I’m looking into this and also talking to some security IT folks–see my comment in the other thread. We’ve already done some of the basic security features to keep our Zoom account secure. Thanks!

3 Likes

In your case I do have a few recommendations that could probably best be handled off this thread, but the short version is set up a throwaway VM just to run zoom. Snapshot it before installation, and install the dpkg each time. It’s a pain, but might be a good compromise.

Mods: I’ll shut up about this now :smiley: @Scomber PM me if you would like.

1 Like

I’ll write to you :).

3 Likes