AODA Discord Server

I’m usually on around 11am/12pm EST - 5/6pm at least. I often check in, and see what’s happening, but sometimes if I’m working, or in a meeting I’ll mark myself offline, idle, or busy. I also have discord on my phone. I don’t normally stay too long, but I check it regularly :slight_smile:

It’s a hit or miss thing. Discord is basically a fancy chat room so you know there are people that idle there a lot of the day and check in when they sit down or in between working or when they hear a ping or whatever. Since I am mod in a couple other channels I’m usually lurking between around off and on all day. I’m LucidObsidian on Discord just fyi and I think I saw you yesterday as Druidia? I think I remember you saying that was your nick from your intro post here. … think lol I’m often wrong

2 Likes

You got it right … my Druid name is Druidia. To be honest, I’ve used this name for a very long time, even as characters in RPGs, handles on radios, or nicknames in the old MSN chatrooms and mIRC. When I was younger, it was a name I used to call myself when we were doing the kiddie version of LARPG. I was using the name before I even realized it was a name or what it meant. So, you’re definitely not wrong on this one :wink: I don’t usually have a lot of time for chatting anyway, but sometimes I wish it was like it used to be back in the early 2000s, when everyone was in chatrooms lol

I set up a Discord account, but when I paste the AODA link to join, it says my invite is invalid. Suggestions?
Brenda

1 Like

Try clicking this. The invite you tried may have expired (lol my fault when I first posted invites), but this one won’t.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I believe it worked.
Brenda

3 Likes

Hi everyone–can you provide me with a non-expiring discord invite? We are adding it to the letter that new candidates receive and I want to make sure I get it right. Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here you go! This one is set to never expire. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with you there. I have the app, but barely even open it up. Maybe when Discord makes some modification and improvement, they may have me as their frequent social media user.

2 Likes

I felt the same way about the Discord app. However after having used it for a couple of weeks now I understand the value. You were able to talk to people in “live time” I guess. My understanding is also that with the Discord app you can conduct live video conferencing and phone calls.

Wanted to try the discord server and it says link has expired. Im at Loomas#1183.
I need help in getting set up.

I am having a hard time getting the discord server to work. It’s my first time using discord so maybe that’s the problem? All I am able to see is the intro and welcome board. Is there something else I need to do to make it work?

@Mesadream There are a couple different Discord server links in this post. There is one from lilwolf (Alisha) on Sep 21 above that she says is set to never expire. Is that the one you’re using?

1 Like

One of the admins can give you access to the other boards based upon your roles. You can message one the next time you are on.

@juniper-crow You do also have to go to the rules channel where you read and thumbs up the message that you agree at the bottom in order to be given access to the rest of public channels. As Jack said, you will also need to contact an admin to get access to members only areas. I know Alisha/Lilwolf, Branos Carnitodruidon, and Kyle (Blaidd) are all admins over there. There may be more, but those are the three I’m sure of.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks, you guys. I messaged Branos bc when I clicked the people link it listed them as an admin. I will poke around and see if I can figure out how to thumbs up the rules. Sometimes being a geriatric millennial is hard. (also, who came up with the phrase geriatric Millenial? yikes)

ETA: Oh my goodness! Suddenly a whole bunch of stuff appeared! Wow!

5 Likes

She came online after I found the permanent link and set me up thank you.

4 Likes

@amychutchinson Thanks for helping out :smiley:

@juniper-crow If you send me a private message with your first and last name I can set you up with permissions to see the Member’s Areas :slight_smile: Lol I’m also a geriatric millennial! I laughed so hard at the term the first time I heard it. Geriatric seems a little much lol

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I messaged you over on discord. Feel like I’m gaining all kinds of new skills today! LOL

This makes me wonder if there are other areas here in this forum that I should message an admin to get access to. Hmmm… :smiley:

1 Like

Yes @carmiac can help you with accessing the member’s areas of the forums :slight_smile:

2 Likes