Bardic Arts as Spiritual Practice - Call tonight!

Hi all,

Tonight we have our “Bardic Arts as Spiritual Practice” call from 8:30 - 10pm EST (Zoom info below).

This is open to any AODA member or friend of the order. We’ll be talking about how to cultivate a spiritual practice through the bardic arts, including cultivating the Awen in our lives, finding inspiration from nature, and much more. We’ll hear from several AODA members who regularly cultivate Awen and also do a short Awen ritual at the end of the call.

All calls can be accessed through the AODA’s Zoom:

Join Zoom Meeting

Zoom Video

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference…

Meeting ID: 451 260 8842
One tap mobile
+19294362866,4512608842# US (New York)
+13017158592,4512608842# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 451 260 8842

3 Likes

I just wanted to thank all the speakers from last night for sharing their experiences with Bardic Arts as Spiritual Practice. As someone new to the group, I found it helpful for brainstorming ways in which I too could cultivate Awen in a passive / active fashion.

I also really appreciate the reminder that scheduled practice vs. waiting for divine inspiration may be helpful in the practice and cultivation. My piano teacher would definitely agree! :grin:

5 Likes

I’d also like to thank everyone involved with our call last night, it was a great experience! I found both of Dana’s rituals to be a great way to get into a creative headspace and hopefully allow awen to manifest more easily. I loved hearing about the different ways that awen manifests for each of the guest speakers and will take to heart their insights.

After reflecting a bit afterwards, I realized that each of the speakers’ bardic arts, while pursued for their own spiritual practice, had profound impact on the community at large - sharing wonderful artwork, giving life to song and performance, and writing compelling works of fiction. Each of these amazing bards are sharing the fruits of awen both within and outside the order, and in the process inspiring others to do some bardic exploration of their own - whether they know it or not!

I deeply appreciate the time and effort that everyone put forth to make this call possible. You’re all wonderful!

5 Likes

Although I’ve missed two calls since joining I definitely love the idea and would participate if I had the time. Can’t wait until my schedule can sync up with one of them. This great feedback is adding to the anticipation. :slight_smile:

3 Likes