Hurricane Henri

We dodged a huge amount of rain yesterday as Hurricane Henri approached the Northeast yet somehow the bands of rain went around us. How are others doing with it or preparing for it to hit today?

3 Likes

We were hit last week by Fred (wind damage and power outages, nothing too serious), but we are not in the path of Henri. Stay safe everyone!

4 Likes

It has been more mild for us than the storm predictors, and I can only hope that is the same for others nearer the coast.

3 Likes

I have been reading about the devastation and it saddens me what people are going through right now and how many have lost their lives. For those of you in either path, please stay safe.

1 Like

I am thankful it was not as bad as they predicted, at least where I have been in upstate New York. Lots of rain, but we are happy we dodged it. Alas, many were not so fortunate. I still remember being in Manhattan with SuperStorm Sandy and we had no power for a week…

3 Likes

We only got about an inch where I am, west of Wilkes-Barre, PA. It was much worse in Stroudsburg, where they got a whopping 6 inches and there were damaging floods.

But I think the big story, happening at the same time, is the flooding in Tennessee. People killed, homes not just flooded but completely destroyed. The amount of rain and the devastation are mind-boggling. That’s the kind of event I fear we will see more and more.

4 Likes