Jaunary - March 2022 - Events and Community Calls

Upcoming Workshops, Events, and Community Calls
• Candidate Call: January 25th – 8:30pm – 10:00pm EST (via Zoom)
• Bardic Circle Event on Discord– January 29th at 5pm EST (via Discord Server)
• Apprentice Call: February 22nd – 8:30-10:00 pm EST (via Zoom)
• Gnostic Celtic Church Call – March 8th, 8:30-10:00pm EST (via Zoom)

Here are more details about each of our events:

Candidate Call: January 25th – 8:30pm – 10:00pm EST
With Dana O’Driscoll, Grand Archdruid and Alisha Jondreau, Member Outreach Coordinator
In our quarterly candidate call, we will focus on the Earth Path through exploring two core questions: How do we build deeper relationships with nature? How do we build in reciprocation as a core practice? In addition to exploring AODA’s core concepts of nature reciprocation and nature connection, the call will begin with a demonstration of the AODA’s sphere of protection ritual. All AODA members are welcome to join this call.

Apprentice Call: February 22nd – 8:30-10:00 pm EST
Our Apprentice Call will cover topics determined by the Apprentices in advance. Please visit the AODA Forums to weigh in on topics for our next call.

Here are the Zoom details for the Candidate and Apprentice Calls
Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 451 260 8842
One tap mobile
+19294362866,4512608842# US (New York)
+13017158592,4512608842# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 451 260 8842
Find your local number: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers - Zoom

Gnostic Celtic Church Call – March 8th, 8:30-10:00pm EST
All AODA members are invited to the GCC Community Call on March 8, 2022. We will be introducing the new GCC Preceptor, Jack Campbell, who will discuss his vision and plans for the future of the GCC. We will also discuss updates to the GCC Clergy Path curriculum, including the new Monastic Path, and will leave plenty of time for questions

We will be using the GCC’s Zoom Account for this call:

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 617 090 9680
One tap mobile
+13126266799,6170909680# US (Chicago)
+13017158592,6170909680# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 617 090 9680
Find your local number: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers - Zoom

AODA’s Discord Announcement: Bardic Circle Event – January 29th at 5pm EST

The AODA’s Discord server is holding a Bardic Circle event, open to AODA members, and friends! We want to see, and hear the wonderful Bardic creations everyone engages in. On January 29th , join us on the Discord server to share your work. We want to hear your stories, poems, and songs. Do you craft, or create visual art? We want to see them too!
Entries will be judged by three AODA Members that will not be participating. Prizes will be in the form of “Vanity Role” icons, and bragging rights (all in good fun of course!). Although we have judges, this is not truly a competition. It’s about sharing a body of work that resonates with us, so that others can experience this piece of ourselves. We want everyone to enjoy this event, and know that it’s not about winning; it’s about sharing, and connecting to our wonderful, growing community no matter how near or far we are to each other.

This event is open to all Bardic arts. Songs (both sung, and instrumental), written works, storytelling, visual arts, “crafted” arts (smithing, woodcarving, etc). See below for more details about the Bardic Circle.

Event Details
When: January 29th @ 5pm EST
Where: AODA’s Discord server. Find our event in the #Bardic-Circle channel (text, and voice/video channels)
What: Notify the Discord Admin Team with your name(s), and general details of your planned presentation. Please note that participants need to register no later than 24 hrs prior.

• Send a message in the #Bardic-Circle channel with @Admin, and the information of your presentation. If you suffer from anxiety, feel free to send a private message to Lilwolf.
• Video, recordings, live performance/viewing/presentation, and pictures of visual/crafted arts are all acceptable. All works presented must be something of your own creation.
• Collaborative projects, and performances are allowed, so long as all parties agree. Please list all members of the group when registering.
• For those suffering from performance anxiety, written works can be read outloud by a person chosen by the author. Please notify us if someone will be reading for you, so that it can be credited, and announced accurately.

7 Likes

Thank you to the hosts for these events. To clarify, it says Jan 29th and then Jan 9th for the Bardic on Discord, which one is correct?
These are both near my birthday and I cannot help bit feel like it is an extra special birthday treat :slight_smile:

1 Like

January 29th is the correct date for the Bardic Circle event :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Please note: The Gnostic Celtic Church Community Call is this coming Tuesday!

5 Likes

I’m excited. I’m planning on being there!

1 Like

I’m excited to learn more. I’ll be there!

I look forward to seeing everyone there and having a discussion about some of the things Kathleen and I have planned for the future of GCC. Be sure to bring any questions you have, as well.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who came out. If you missed it, be sure to check out the Spring Equinox newsletter for information you might have missed. We will be sure to get you caught up.

3 Likes