Nominations for August land healing

Where should we send our healing for the next round of land healing? We will be doing an online group ritual on August 29th.

We are focusing specifically on human-caused damage to specific sites. Think of pollution and extraction type situations, like superfund sites, mountaintop removal, and so forth.

3 Likes

As I read the post, a thought popped into my head: what if, since our first healing was in the east, we continued with the quarters and found a land healing site for August that was in the south? After that we’d turn west and then north. Thoughts?

3 Likes

Is this focused primarily on the USA…If not I’d throw in the Congo area and the Cobalt extraction that takes place for battery and lithium production. Horrible human conditions and pollution…

3 Likes

Is this only land as in earth? I have been reading lately about water temperatures in Florida and the potential collapse of the Gulf Stream. None of the scientists seem to agree on when the Gulf Stream could collapse, but all agree there are warning signs and that it is definitely an event we do not want to happen. I also like the Congo cobalt mines as a suggestion.

3 Likes

So, for our August 29th land healing I’d like to focus on North America because we’ll be sort of using our own geographic positions to establish a grove and I believe all or most of the participants will be in North America. We could keep the Congo cobalt mines on the list for a later healing.

It doesn’t just have to be earth, water is also an option. One of the suggestions in the meeting was the Gulf dead zone caused by fertilizer run-off. It can be a fuzzy line sometimes but I think the alterations in the Gulf Stream fall more into the category of “Earth’s responses to humans.” We don’t really know, from our human perspective, whether things like wildfires, floods, or oceanic shifts are part of Earth protecting herself or setting up conditions that will eventually benefit her (analogous to the way our human bodies might purge themselves or run a fever). I don’t feel that I have the wisdom to intervene well in those situations.

I like the idea of moving around the directions; however, I wouldn’t want to overly restrict ourselves either. The Gulf dead zone would fit in that schema, however.

Breanna

4 Likes

@Breanna , in the south there are also the fracking fields, but I like the Gulf site, too.

2 Likes

There are areas in the south, particularly in Florida, that dump fill into lakes, rivers, and the ocean to create new land. It has had devastating consequences in the past (such as the condo collapse in Miami in 2021) and will have even more dire consequences yet to come. It isn’t just Florida either. I mean look at big chunks of cities around the San Francisco Bay area and how they are built on artificial fill. New York isn’t doing much better in that way. All this garbage, soil, concrete, and such subsides over time, which causes buildings to collapse. That is for starters among many other issues that they face in those areas. Land reclamation issues in the south, particularly along the shorelines would be of interest to see healed. It is only because of us that this exists. It’s our actual garbage, things we put into these areas to expand the land to build on it. I understand islands using these methods because they don’t have many choices with such small areas to deal with, but large land masses have all kinds of other ways of dealing with landfills than creating new land that takes away from our rivers, lakes, and oceans. Building on them has been an issue and continues to be.

2 Likes