Pagan Pride Day in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I’m posting in case this is within reach for any of you. My local pagan group is holding our first-ever Pagan Pride Day on August 19 in Wilkes-Barre, PA (in northeastern PA, near Scranton). We’ll have a band, several workshops, and lots of vendors in Kirby Park in downtown Wilkes-Barre from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Bring a food bank donation for admission. It’s a chance to meet practitioners of all kinds face-to-face.

OK, hopefully the picture loads… first time I’ve done this…
Feel free to ask any questions!

12 Likes

Oh! I lived in W-B for 8 years! I’m too far away now, but I’m delighted this is happening.

Right? Me too! There was a Pagan Pride day event at least 10 years ago, I think, but it was very small. People were nervous about hostile folks showing up. No one did, but they had the next event at a park up by Tunkhannock, and practically no one showed up. But this is going to be much bigger, and we’ll have a security presence.

3 Likes

Fond memories of my small Pagan Pride Days myself. The first one was always the best. Is there a website, to get a look at the program?

I don’t think the schedule is finalized yet. Kindred Crow are playing, if you’ve ever heard of them. Plus we have presenters such as Monika Kojote and Rath Cobv who are somewhat known in East Coast circles.

3 Likes

I am ecstatic to attend, and can’t wait to meet everyone (and re-meet wonderful people, too)!

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this. I wish I could go to this–I already have a camping trip scheduled, but maybe next year!

2 Likes

The schedule is up!

4 Likes