St. Louis Area Ritual?

How many of us are here in St. Louis? Would anyone be interested in doing an order-wide ritual in the metro area? Maybe if there are enough of us we could combine it with a potluck/picnic and (my favorite activity) litter clean up?

2 Likes

If I can get a car, I would be more than happy to join. I might be able to convince one of my sons to take me because they love going to St. Louis lol I am in Decatur, IL, which is only about 2.5 hours away. I always wanted to get together with everyone, just hard to do with a car that you cannot take on the highway or interstate.

Depends when it takes place. My schedule is way crowded in June.

1 Like

Two maybes! St. Louis County has some really beautiful parks. Maybe one of them? Creve Coeur Park is GORGEOUS. The upper park is wooded and shady, though, like any of the STL parks, it can get pretty busy. Hmmm. I am not as familiar with the parks farther east.

1 Like

I live in Tennessee, but I will be in St. Louis the first week of June for work and I’m going to try and stick around for Pagan Picnic if anyone does something.

1 Like

Pagan picnic? Is that a thing in St. Louis? Google tells all! Looks like a cool event! I will have to reach out to Claire and see if AODA is doing anything this year. I’d like to support her if we are.

1 Like

I’m originally from Cape Girardeau and I try to make it back each year for Pagan Picnic. It’s a fun free event Over in Tower Grove park on June 4/5 this year.

Yes, Pagan Picnic is a thing. This will be the first one since the pandemic began. I haven’t thought about doing anything for it at this time because June is already so scheduled up, though I did present a talk on AODA for a previous picnic. Maybe some of us would want to meet there? I could meet up for awhile on the 4th, though not on the 5th.

2 Likes

I’m about six hours away from st Louis. I would love to do a meetup. May wouldn’t work, but June 4-5 probably would.

The Pagan Picnic is held in Tower Grove Park, where there is plenty of space for groups to sit near the Picnic to chat together, check out the tables and talks and food, and enjoy the park. I’m happy to spend up to 4 hours sitting near the Picnic on the 4th so we can gather as Druids there (and anyone who wants to be there at other times can hold the space when I’m not there). Would a block of time at the beginning of the picnic, in the middle of it, or at the end work best for people? This could be from, say 10am - 2pm, noon-4pm, or 3-7pm. There is a collective opening and closing ritual, if that is of interest. I can ask the archdruids about signage so you can find the group.

2 Likes

I could do the fourth 3-7.

1 Like

I can MAYBE make it for that Sunday…I’m about 4 1/2 hours away. Sounds like fun! I would like my husband to come with me, so I will run this by him :wink:

Sunday I can’t make it to the Picnic, though you are welcome to stop by my house on the way down or back to say hi and check out the garden!

1 Like

I would love that, Claire :smile:

1 Like

Kathleen, I’ll be at Claire’s house Sunday evening. I’m visiting Dancing Rabbit for a few days to do a natural building workshop and then am going to stay with Claire that evening! Its a long drive but its worth it.

1 Like

@cschosser and @DanaD, I have decided to be there on Saturday after all! My husband and I have started doing monthly “date weekends” since our grown sons are living with us and we have no time alone, lol. I talked to my husband about the Pagan Picnic and he has agreed:) So we will be coming into St. Louis on Friday night, spending the day Saturday and then leaving Sunday early afternoon. Now all I need to do is find a hotel or an AirBnB…

1 Like

Unless the Cardinals (baseball team) have a home game that day, it shouldn’t be a problem to get a place near Tower Grove Park, where the picnic is held. If there is a home game, you might need to look farther out in the 'burbs. I’d recommend something but because I live here, I don’t know anything about the area hotels beyond driving past them.

I booked a room at a Marriott property called Element. It’s about 3 miles from the park. Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

I’m not sure when I will be in St. Louis on Sunday…it depends on when the ecovillage course is over. I don’t have the schedule yet!

1 Like

Well this certainly got exciting!

3 Likes