Welcome to the AODA Forums

Founded in 1912 as the American branch of the Ancient and Archaeological Order of Druids, the AODA is a traditional Druid Order with its roots in the Druid Revival of the 18th and 19th centuries. We neither have nor claim to have any connection to the ancient Druids of the Celtic peoples. We are an inclusive church of nature spirituality with members who follow a variety of spiritual paths, including Christianity, Buddhism, Gnosticism, Shinto, and many forms of neo-paganism.

The AODA envisions Druidry as a path of nature spirituality and inner transformation founded on personal experience rather than dogmatic belief. It welcomes people age 18 or over, of all national origins, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and affiliations with other Druidic and spiritual traditions.

This forum exists for members and friends of the AODA community. We have a code of conduct for all listmembers, which may be found below. All new forum members are moderated until they demonstrate willingness to abide by our code of conduct. Failure to abide by the code will get you long-term moderation, or ejection from the group. We take these rules seriously, and expect forum members to do the same.

Moderated posts are evaluated before being approved. If you’re a spammer of any kind, whether you’re selling fake watches or religion, don’t bother; nobody will ever see your post, and you will be permanently banned from the group on the first try. If you belong to Grouply, Meebo, or any other third party site which downloads group archives, don’t try to join this list; you will be banned.

We welcome you to read more about us and these forums.

If you would like to join our conversation, we invite you to sign up for a forum account.

23 Likes

The code of conduct seems reasonable and clear. I look forward to participating in the forums.
Louis

6 Likes

Welcome, Louis. Glad to have you on the Forum.

3 Likes

Greetings from MD just outside DC! New member just saying hi. I’m called to Ovate work at this point and time. Also an OBOD member working through the Ovate program. Thanks for having me!

Blessings,
Poppy

5 Likes

Hi everyone my name is Wayne and I am form Northern Arizona and just wanted to stop in to say hi to everyone I’m new to the practice and am going to be a member of the AODA soon can’t wait to join and learn a lot from all of you guy thank you so much for having me.

6 Likes

Hello! I am in Hillsboro, Or. Happy to be here.

7 Likes

Hi Poppy, I’m up 270, in your ‘hood. I’m new as well. I’m called to learn more about the Druid path for others, since I am already well on my own path.

3 Likes

Greetings everyone. I’m a new member of AODA after reading some literature that let me learn about this organization. I have been a member of OBOD for 16 years but wanted to follow the path outlined on the AODA website. I’m from Massachusetts, 50+ female that loves nature, gardening and yes even winter…

I am very excited to be here. I look forward to reading everyone’s posts.

Blessings to all.

9 Likes

Welcome! You will find many others who like nature and gardening here! LOL! What kind of gardening do you like to do? What is your favorite way to enjoy nature?

3 Likes

Hiya! My name is Breanna Y, but you all can call my Willoe (she/they).

I’ve started my path as a Druid back in January of 2023 and have been using my time away from school and work to continue my artistic and spiritual connection with the Earth.

Awen.

8 Likes

Hey Willoe! Welcome to the AODA and the forum!

2 Likes

And welcome from me as well!

2 Likes

Hello, :wolf::heart_on_fire: I’m wolf Spirit and starting my Druid path as a candidate

4 Likes

Hello this is interesting and very informative

1 Like

Hey there, lovely folks!

I’m Phyllis, but you can call me Pren. Sending warm greetings from Kennewick, Washington! :hugs:

I’m super excited to chat with you all about modern Druidry. It’s this beautiful blend of ancient wisdom and contemporary vibes that’s all about celebrating nature, embracing personal growth, and connecting with a fantastic community.

For me, being a Druid means honoring the earth, soaking up the magic of the seasons, and finding my own spiritual path while surrounded by amazing people who share the journey.

If anyone wants to swap stories and ideas, I’m all ears! Let’s dive into this adventure together.

Big hugs,
Phyllis (Pren) :herb:

4 Likes

I have a small garden where I grow fruits and vegetables every year, and during the summer, I also cultivate cannabis outdoors. Spring and summer are my favorite seasons because I love spending time in the soil, nurturing plants, and watching them thrive.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

2 Likes

Thank you. I am filled with child-like joy as a researcher of history, experiencing an ancient awareness of how beautiful and sacred it is for us all to connect. :blush:

3 Likes

Hello my name is Lisa, I think I have been on something like the Druid path since I have been young, just never put a name too it. Officially, I just started the candidate curriculum, and taking my initiation later this month in a beautiful little patch of pines in Wisconsin. Thank you for the invite to the forum. Many blessings to everyone!

4 Likes