You are all invited to go on my journey with Shadows Grove

Hey y’all! Okay so about a month ago I decided to start a video blog type thing for me and the things I have been doing and working on since the move. I kept meaning to post the information to share with you all at the urging of my mentor Timothy… but I keep forgetting and get busy. Anyways, what better time than now since I have some babies on a live cam feed and I also will be starting a new one tomorrow I think of the incubator. I have 9 eggs due to hatch on Tuesday-ish. They are all lavender orpington chickens. My video blog stuff is pretty much just the earth path changes I have been implementing and the different homestead things we have been working on and such. I am not good at taking notes and I am even worse at communication. This style holds me accountable. It makes me keep record and it also encourages me to stay focused and keep promises to myself. So, this is my invitation to you all. I have a youtube channel and FB and a few other social media options… but really I am not that great with computers so my brother is helping me with that stuff.

I know this might seem silly for some… but it is huge to me. I would truly love it if I could take you all with me on my journey.

Here is a link to my youtube channel

I also have these social media pages… but probably put more focus on the facebook page since I am more comfortable with that.

FaceBook facebook.com/ShadowsGroveHomestead/
Twitter https://twitter.com/Shadows_Grove
InstaGram www.instagram.com/shadowsgrovehomestead
Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/shadowrhelm/shadows-grove-homestead/

20 Likes

Thanks for sharing this! We had some Buff Orpingtons years ago which were good chickens, but I didn’t realize there were Lavenders until now. Good luck in your chick-raising journey!

2 Likes

I added or followed you on everything but Twitter. I don’t do Twitter. To be perfectly honest, I don’t do Instagram really, but I had to sign up to see my niece with something she was doing and just left the account open, but at least I can see it there if need be. It all looks great and I thank you for sharing it. I understand about taking notes. I used to be a prolific notetaker, but my hands have “issues” now and writing is hard, but I still try. I subscribed to your Youtube Channel, so hopefully, we will all be able to see these videos as they come up. Such a wonderful job so far … it’s great!

1 Like

Thank you Heather. I am not the most tech savy, but I try my best. If I am honest I am not exactly up to speed on twitter either.

2 Likes

Good job with following through!! I also am working on my own site, so i can relate to the struggle of focus, motivation, and the hiccups we travel on. When we realize “just get your hands dirty, and do it” and the task is in the mist of creation. That is when we are proud. " I AM DOING IT"!! , and I’m realizing trying is doing. When I figure out how to put the site up you can check me out too lol.
I also don’t like Twitter. I did followed on Facebook and YouTube.
I’m loving the bunny the most because we had one till she was 9. The chick’s are adorable too!!
You’re doing great! Have fun!!