AODA Discord Server

No worries, we hear suggestions for a resource location often - it’s why that projected was started.

Lol I do data organization for a web developer :grin:. I often organize the content that will be uploaded, or organize the data going into the client’s database. Something about putting data into a spreadsheet makes my brain super happy :laughing:.

Also - I double checked I see you enter our welcome channel, and the form link showed up, but we never got the form. I will send you a message on Discord!

3 Likes

How weird. I swear I filled it out, and now twice! Both times it said my answers were recorded. Sigh. I’ve seen that happen before. Luckily the last time I copied and pasted what I wrote into another document, so I would be happy to send it to you via DM. I’ll look for you on Discord, @lilwolf, and thanks for checking!

2 Likes

I totally feel that! Bringing order (out of chaos, or just because) is so satisfying!

1 Like

And here’s me thinking that I was the only one that drafted floor plans for my dream homes lol I had Interior Decorating classes, which taught us how to do floor plans. I had experience with BlueBeam and AutoCAD. Talk about fun, but they could be saved. That was a long while ago though and I sort of stopped when I realized I wasn’t going to be living in those homes I created lol

I’m glad you’ve found a coping mechanism that allows you to be more open and not so shy … at least online. I’m the same … whatever works :wink: lol

1 Like

OMG this reminds me about drawing blueprints. I never learned any of the programs for it, but I did learn to do it by hand from my dad. I designed parks, buildings, houses, resorts, anything I could think of. Considered going to Architecture out of highschool, but never did.

3 Likes

As a response on the conversation on Discord vs the Forum: I am not on Discord (and have no particular desire for another medium to keep track off, even apart from the fact I’m halfway around the globe for most and my chances for direct chatting are limited due to different time zones), but have noticed a drop in forum activity. Especially in threads such as What’s happening and What are you reading, as well as in the sharing of photographs. Yes, this is often more fleeting information and I imagine it lends itself better for Discord, but I miss it now that it’s happening less over here. With no other druids in my social circle, let alone AODA druids, this forum is my connection to the community.
The information that I might miss is in general of less concern to me than the sense of community that comes from interacting.

6 Likes

I think that when summer hits, a lot of people are outside and in their gardens and traveling…especially now that the pandemic is winding down. AODA will also be taking a summer recess from our Candidate and Apprentice calls. But I expect things will pick back up again in the fall :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m with you JudithO…I don’t need another platform to play around with. In fact the less social media for me the better. The AODA forum is the only social thing I do online these days.

But for those that like Discord, more power to you.

5 Likes

Is the server still running? The invitation link is expired. Is there a new one?

@FaeryGiggle I believe there is a newer link if you scroll down the thread. Try this one (I copied it from there).

1 Like

Can i be invited to the server ?

yes please! try that link posted by Caoimhe above. if that doesn’t work, we’ll need a more current link.

yes i managed a while ago , already filled the form :slight_smile:

1 Like

If anyone joining are AODA members - I will reach out in the next couple days to verify membership, and set up your permissions. If anyone wishes to get ahead of that - feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name :slightly_smiling_face:

On the Discord server I am Alisha/Lilwolf.

1 Like

Hi lilwolf,
I am brand new to Discord, have created my account and just accepted AODA’s invite (via non-expiring link posted earlier). Not sure what happens from here. The screen opens immediately to an “introductions” page but doesn’t allow me in. Do I wait for something from you? My Discord name is EllyllRa #0618.
Thanks much for your help!

The first channel you land in on Discord is the Introduction/Welcome channel. It would have linked a google form in there, click on that, fill out the form. Once it gets sent in, we grant access to the rest of the channels.

If you can’t see the link in the channel (it should have your user name in the message) let me know - I can help with the form, and ensure you gain access like you should.

We require people fill out the form for a few reasons. It helps keep invasions down since people cannot access the rest of the channels until we allow them in. It helps us figure out where folks are finding us, and lets me know if I should adjust their permissions as an AODA member (we have AODA member only areas - I am the only person that can give those permissions). It also gives a space for people to indicate if they are new to Discord, and might like some help to settle in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Greetings Lilwolf,
I’m looking at the Discord intro page right now. Nothing ‘google’ to be found. Attached an image of the left side of Discord screen. Is that where the form link would be found?

You seem to be missing the Welcome channel where the form appears, we also can’t see you in the server yet. We should see people who arrive but haven’t filled out the form. I would try leaving the server and coming back - something has clearly glitched. To leave the server click on the drop down menu at the top of the channel list where your screenshot says Ancient Order of Druids in America in white. Select leave server.

Here’s a fresh link to use to rejoin once you’ve left. Ancient Order of Druids in America

Do you have access to a computer? Mobile Discord can act up, or hide things in strange places. Try joining the server on a computer if you can.

We found you on our member directory - says you joined the server Nov. 2021. Can you access any of the channels you see on the list? You should have multiple channels showing under Public. Try the public channel (the one with the chat bubble in your screenshot). See if you can say hi.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve logged out of the Discord server and logged back in using the link you provided. First thing that came up was the “Rules”. I had already clicked “Like” on that.

Next, I clicked on the “Community Guidelines” link at the bottom of “Rules”. That opened up a new tab which I read and closed.

Attached is a screenshot of what I’m currently seeing. Not sure where the “Channels” are that I could open and say Hi.

I’m using Discord on my Mac laptop as my phone is too old to handle any more graphic-heavy apps. Do you think the laptop is changing the format, perhaps?