REMINDER: Online Candidate Initiation on October 7th at 8:30pm EST - Please sign up!

Hi everyone,

I’ll be sending out final details about our online candidate initiation (and how to prepare) this weekend. Thus, if you’d like to take part, please make sure you sign up at the link below.

Here are more details:

Online Candidate Initiation- October 7th – 8:30 – 10:00pm EST At a call over the summer, our Apprentices noted that many of them had never had an in-person initiation and requested that we offer an online experience; our Candidates likewise may want an initiatory experience. Thus, we will be offering our Candidate Initiation via Zoom, hosted by several of our Grand Grove members. If you would like to join this event, please sign up via this link: https://forms.gle/4jarfvD2ZTwbqWug9
We will be sending out instructions prior to the event to prepare. All AODA members are welcome to attend. Following the initiation itself, we will also have time for discussion for members who want to share experiences. This is an AODA-members-only event.

8 Likes

Are these recorded by chance? I do not think I will be able to attend but would enjoy watching when I am able if that is possible.

1 Like

I doubt it. This is secret squirrel stuff.

5 Likes

No, we won’t be recording this one. So sorry!

1 Like

Is it fine for me to attend as a Candidate, but not actually be initiated during the Zoom?
…After much reflection on this, I feel like my self-initiation was enough for me – a profound experience. I would love to attend and discuss though.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to attend due to Pacific Time Zone difference and I’ll still be at work…

Sure! You can attend and not be initiated.

Also, we’ve decided we are going to record the first part–the actual initiation. We’ll be sending out details soon :).

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that! We try to make these as late as we can on the East Coast but realize that the times may not always work for everyone.

Were the details for joining the call sent? I believe I completed the online form awhile back, but I don’t see anything in my email yet. Just checking in case I missed the info somehow.

I also completed the online form but have not heard anything else. Will we need our own candles, alter, sword and bowls? Just wondering.

You’ll get details tomorrow – @timothy.wolf is sending them out. I’ll also post the information now in the Candidate Forum :).

1 Like

Just to confirm–as an Apprentice, it’s OK for me to attend just so I can watch? I’ve never seen an AODA initiation.

3 Likes

I’m interested, but the timing may not work out for me. I submitted the form anyway, just in case. I agree with Aquamarine-- I self-initiated almost a year ago, and feel good about that. Still, I would enjoy participating in an online version. Thanks for creating this opportunity!

2 Likes

Yes, you can attend so you can watch the initiation process.

2 Likes

Hi,

I am looking forward to tonight and have already set up my alter and accessories. Unfortunately it looks like we are going to have a major storm come through while we are conducting the ceremony and my internet doesnt work well in storms since it is based on cell towers.

So I hope I will be able to say on, maybe just via voice if the video drops.

1 Like

Fingers crossed that the storm’s timing (if it materializes) permits you to attend the ritual!