What does it mean to be a Druid, circa 2020 c.e.?

THE “WORLD DRUIDRY” BOOKS ARE FINALLY HERE !!!

And they are really beautiful, hard-cover and soft-cover both. (If you can’t tell from the all-caps, I’m a wee bit excited to have reached this point.)

“World Druidry: A Globalizing Path of Nature Spirituality” by Larisa A. White, M.S.Ed., Ph.D., (presenting the complete findings of the World Druidry Survey of 2018-2020) has an official, on-sale/publication date of 20 June 2021, after which time, it should become available for special order through most standard book distribution channels, internationally. However, if you are interested in the book, and want an earlier start on your reading, I will personally process and fill book pre-orders via email, starting today, and continuing on until the book’s information propagates throughout the global book distribution network.

Information about the book, pre-publication reviews, pricing, and instructions on how to pre-order a copy, can be found on my website (Larisa A. White | World Druidry).

If you want a sneak-preview, the 23rd Mount Haemus Lecture, “World Druidry: Seasonal Festivals in a Globalizing Tradition,” which presents a subset of the survey findings (parts of Chapter 7 from the book), was published by the Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids at Beltane 2021, and is currently available for free download from the OBOD website: 23rd Mount Haemus Lecture ~ World Druidry: Seasonal Festivals in a Globalizing Tradition | Order of Bards, Ovates & Druids

23 Likes

Oh cool! Congrats and I hope you sell out!

2 Likes

Wow, Larisa, congratulations! :tada: :confetti_ball: :fireworks:
I can’t even imagine how much work you’ve put into this and how thrilled you must be. Your pull quotes are really impressive! I hope it sells crazy numbers of copies.

2 Likes

Larisa has an interview with Eimear about the book that just went up on OBOD’s YouTube channel.

6 Likes

Congratulations Larisa! This looks wonderful! I’m absolutely going to order a copy. :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the link, @RocasCearcall. That was a kindness.

1 Like

:heart: This is so wonderful. I want to see if I can get my library to order a copy…

2 Likes

Mine came a couple of days ago. Looking forward to diving in!

1 Like

90 minutes until the YouTube Premier of "Cultivating Honorable Relationships with the World: Lessons from the ‘Scriptures’ of Druidry. Looking forward to live-chatting with my fellow Druids during the presentations! Cultivating Honorable Relationships with the World: Lessons from the 'Scriptures' of Druidry - YouTube

6 Likes

I didn’t sign on to live-chat, but I enjoyed watching the presentation! Everything about it was first-rate.

4 Likes

I was able to watch it after the fact. Nice work, @Larisa! Your presentation was so helpful in helping me to understand the commonalities and differences across different ways of practicing Druidry, and I think it will help me better explain to friends and family what Druidry is and what Druids believe in a more concise (and less rambly) way. Thank you!

3 Likes

I’ll put this on my watchlist! Diolch yn fawr iawn!

2 Likes

I just completed watching it, and I liked it very much! I will go look for my copy of Ron Hutton’s book and bump it higher on my reading list, and I’ve added the other two books you mentioned to my wish list. I really enjoyed the back-and-forth with Neil Pitchford. too.

Cheers,
Steve
/|\

3 Likes

“World Druidry” just received its first academic book review, in the peer-reviewed journal, “Nova Religio” (U. California Press).

The reviewer, Ethan Doyle White, concluded:

“…this is an invaluable piece of work for scholars of modern Druidry specifically, and scholars of modern Paganism more broadly, among whom it deserves a broad readership.”

For those with access to a university library, the full text of the review can be accessed via the Nova Religio website:

16 Likes

Congratulations! That’s great to hear.

1 Like

That is awesome! Congratulations on the review! Now we can site you as a source :wink: lol

2 Likes

I tried accessing this through my alma mater, but no luck. I will settle for the quote you provided, and offer a hearty congratulations! You are doing banner work.

1 Like

Beltane greetings, my fellow Druids!

It has been nearly two years since I completed my work on World Druidry: A Globalizing Path of Nature Spirituality , and released the findings of the World Druidry Survey of 2018-2020 in hardcover and paperback. Since that time, I have received many requests for the book to be released in electronic form, as the costs of book manufacturing and international shipping (both monetarily, and in terms of carbon-footprint) – not to mention the import/export tariffs – were simply too much of a burden for too many people.

So, I went back to school and learned how to make ebooks of comparable quality to the physical editions. If you were one of those hoping for an e-book to be released, your wish has just come true. World Druidry: A Globalizing Path of Spirituality is now available for pre-order as an e-book, and will be officially released on May 1, 2023. You can find it on the following platforms:

On Kindle (as a two-part series, “World Druidry, Part 1” and “World Druidry, Part 2”): World Druidry: A Globalizing Path of Nature Spirituality
On Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/world-druidry
On Apple iBooks: ‎World Druidry on Apple Books

Please do me the favor of helping to spread the news?
Thanks!

15 Likes

We’ll include this in the next AODA newsletter. Congratulations on getting it published as an e-book!

3 Likes

Congratulations, @Larisa! I look forward to studying this!

1 Like